Christian Education Director
Christian Education plays a key role in the mission of Gospel Water Branch Baptist Church. One of its primary goals is to provide and promote a wide range of Christian Education opportunities for the Church and community, both cyber and physical.
The Christian Education Director extends high-level administrative support to the Pastor in directing Christian Education. She/ he assist in whatever capacity the Pastor needs to facilitate the administrative activity of the Christian Education. She / he serves under the direction of the Pastor as a liaison and as an extension to attend meetings within the congregate as a director of the church, coordinate activities and carry out duties that the Pastor deems necessary. She/ he assists Pastor in planning, preparing reports / budgets and oversees the implementation of all ministries included within the Christian Education Department as directed. The Director must have a solid foundation in the word of God and be able to teach at a moment’s notice. She/he must be innovative and progressive in their ideas and abilities…… Perform other duties as assigned.
|Ministry Area/Department||Christian Education|
|Position||Christian Education Director|
|Ministry Target||(ALL CED teachers and administrative support to include Sunday, Wednesday, and Saturday Equipping Hours), Orientation, History, Evangelism, Vacation Bible School,
Annual church Picnic, Tutoring, and Bible Bowl’s Ministry
|Position Is||Full-time/ or Part-time/ Some Office Hours Required|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church member/others considered|
|Minimum Maturity Level||Stable, Committed, Mature Christian.
• A commitment to Christ and a calling to Christian Education
• A Christian with a strong, demonstrated commitment to following Jesus Christ who is enthusiastic, energetic, and creative in Christian Educational and Spiritual leadership
– Supportive of Baptist traditions /Committed to Baptist beliefs/Doctrine
|Spiritual Gifts||Administration • Serving. Teaching. Leadership|
|Talents/ Skills or Abilities Desired||Experience in teaching and administrative tasks. Great organizational skills • Detail oriented • Able to motivate and inspire others to achieve.
• Leadership and Team Building
• Organizational and Administrative ability
• Program Planning and Execution
• Cost and Schedule Management
• Oral and Written Communication
• Curriculum Evaluation and Development
• Current CPR Certification (preferred)
|Education/Experience||• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Education or a related field, / or the equivalent of education and experience to perform the duties of the CED.
• Master’s Degree / Doctorate with experience in Christian education leadership roles and/or seminary training preferred.
– Experience in desktop publishing required
|COMPENSATION/ VACATION/ BENEFITS||Salary is commensurate with educational background and experience|
Anticipated Time Commitments
This is a full-time/ or part-time staff position. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours to meet the programmatic needs of the CED ministry and of the church and to accommodate the seasonal aspects of Christian ministry. The Director is expected to take an active role in the life of GWBBC, and be a consistent Tither.